TERMS & CONDITIONS
Panorama Tours undertakes to provide all services offered subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, which terms and conditions are accepted by the passenger.
Passenger means: individuals, groups, companies or other legal persons using the services offered by Panorama Tours, and includes the agents of passengers.
Services means: the provision of accommodation and/or transportation and/or meals as offered by Panorama Tours and accepted by the Passenger.
• Prices are subject to alteration without prior notice. Prices are also subject to adjustment in the event of changes in Value Added Tax (or GST in Neighbouring Sates), fuel price, air fares or hotel charges.
•All prices and rates are quoted in Rand or US Dollar as specified, unless otherwise specifically agreed. Payment in approved foreign currency will be accepted at the rate of exchange applied by the bankers of Panorama Tours at the time of receipt of payment. Any shortfall resulting from exchange rate fluctuations will be for the account of the passenger.
25% (twenty-five percent) of any tour price is due and payable on booking the tour. Final payment is due and payable 30 days before departure. Bookings made within 30 days of departure must be accompanied by full payment. Our offices in Cape Town & Johannesburg, accept Visa, Master Card, American Express or Diners Club.
5. CHILDREN'S DISCOUNTS
• Long Distance Tours - One child of 12 years and under sharing a room with 2 adults: - 50% discount
• Full and Half Day Tours -12 years and under accompanied by an adult - 50% discount. PROVIDED THAT - a maximum of two children per family group is allowed at a discounted rate, and for certain day tours smaller or no discount apply. Certain accommodation establishments refuse permission to children under 12 years.
6. CANCELLATION FEES
Cancellations shall only be valid if received by Panorama Tours in writing and the following penalties, calculated as from the date of receipt of notice, shall apply:-
• 30+ days before departure - no cancellation fee.
• 15 - 30 days before departure - 25% (twenty-five percent) of the price contracted.
• 7 - 14 days before departure - 50% (fifty percent) of the price contracted.
• Less than 7 days before departure - 100% (one hundred percent) of the price contracted. PROVIDED THAT certain accommodation establishments apply more stringent cancellation fees, which will apply if relevant.
• Cancellations and refunds - In the event of cancellation or failure, for any reason whatsoever, to use confirmed space, as ticketed, 25% (twenty-five percent) of the applicable airfare will be forfeited. A change of reservation constitutes a cancellation. Extension of ticket validity is not permitted, save when a passenger is hospitalised due to illness or in the event of death of a member of the passenger's immediate family.
• Responsibilities and booking conditions. All airfare reservations are arranged subject to the conditions imposed by the respective airline.
Accommodation is as specified in the itinerary or brochure and is based on two people sharing a twin bedded room. The use of specific accommodation is subject to availability. Panorama Tours reserves the right to make use of alternative accommodation. This will in no way affect the price of the tour. Single accommodation is in short supply but may be available at extra cost on a first come first served basis.
Meals included are as specified in the tour itinerary. Please check the tour itinerary for details.
Transportation is in air-conditioned touring vehicles, coaches, minibuses or sedan vehicles appropriate to the requirements of the tour. Panorama Tours therefore reserves the right to use smaller coaches, minibuses or sedan vehicles on its tours should the number of passengers participating reduce sufficiently to warrant this.
11. HEALTH AND VISAS
Agents and passengers are required to ensure that all such requirements are attended to as Panorama Tours accepts no responsibility in this regard.
One suitcase and one overnight bag per person is allowed. Panorama Tours accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to luggage or personal property from whatsoever cause arising. Passengers are advised to take up adequate insurance cover.
13. RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
Panorama Tours shall at its discretion arrange seating of passengers, and other conduct rules and reserves the right at its discretion to decline to accept or retain any person as a passenger. Passengers shall obey every lawful instruction of any employee of Panorama Tours.
Smoking is not permitted on board any vehicle. Regular comfort stops are included en route.
Panorama Tours shall not be responsible for the consequences of any delays whether arising from accidents, breakdowns, or any other cause.
Panorama Tours carries extensive passenger liability insurance details of which will be made available on request. Panorama Tours is not responsible for any damages sustained by any passenger as a result of any act or omission whatsoever of any hotel, airline or other person, notwithstanding the fact that Panorama Tours acted as agent of such hotel, airline or other person.
All tours, charters, hires, itineraries, travel arrangements, hotel accommodation and other arrangements are subject to alterations or cancellations at any time without prior notice and for any reason at the sole and absolute discretion of Panorama Tours. Panorama Tours shall not be responsible for any damages whatsoever arising from any such alteration or cancellation.
18. STANDARD AND SAFETY
Panorama Tours undertakes that:
• Vehicles provided are large enough to accommodate the number of passengers and luggage as is specified in clause 10
• All drivers are licensed in terms of local legislation.
• All vehicles are safe and comply with relevant local safety regulations.
The law of the Republic of South Africa, or Neighbouring States (where applicable) shall govern the relationship between Panorama Tours and the passenger and the Courts of the Republic of South Africa, or Neighbouring States (where applicable) shall have sole jurisdiction in respect of any claims and/or disputes which may arise between Panorama Tours and the passenger, or Agent.